The doctors in training group represents all junior doctors in sexual health, GUM and HIV, including specialist registrars, ST doctors and locum training posts. Elected junior doctors sit on the BASHH Board, Specialty Advisory Committee, BASHH Education Committee and the BASHH Clinical Governance Committee. This allows for effective representation of junior doctors’ views and feedback on relevant issues.
Please contact us on trainees@BASHH.org or tweet us at @bashh_trainees.
BASHH Board & Specialty Advisory Committee
Hannah Church: Hannah.Church@nhs.net
ST6 Health Education West Midlands
Hannah attends the quarterly BASHH Board meetings and Specialty Advisory Committee three times a year, where she raises trainee issues. She updates the DIT webpage, disseminates information to trainees and helps the education rep to organise the annual doctors in training workshop. The post is held for two years.
Clinical Governance Committee
Melissa Pinder: email@example.com
ST6 Health Education West Midlands
Melissa represents doctors in training on the quarterly Clinical Governance Committee, where a varied range of topics are discussed, from legislation and tendering issues to medication supply problems. She disseminates any training related information to the trainees and raises any governance issues on their behalf. The post is held for two years.
Sean Cassidy: Sean.Cassidy@chelwest.nhs.uk
ST4 Health Education North West London
Sean attends the quarterly BASHH Education Committee. He raises trainees' issues and ensures that all trainees are considered in the planning of BASHH educational events. He also helps to organise the annual doctors in training workshop. This post is held for two years.
BASHH Trainees’ Collaborative for Audit, Research and QI (BASHH T-CARQ)
Helen Wiggins: T-CARQ@BASHH.org
Health Education East of England
Helen chairs BASHH T-CARQ, a collaborative led by trainees for trainees, which provides a forum where GUM trainees can design, lead and implement multi-centre research, audit and quality improvement projects.
Royal College of Physicians Joint Specialty Committee for Genitourinary Medicine
Mamatha Pocock: firstname.lastname@example.org
ST5 Health Education Thames Valley
Mamatha sits on the Joint Specialist Committee for Genitourinary Medicine (GUM) at the Royal College of Physicians. In the twice yearly meetings, she raises national concerns about training, offers viewpoints on proposed changes and keeps up to date about the specialty in the context of general medicine. She works with her SAC/Education committee colleagues to disseminate information to GUM trainees across the country
Doctors in Training BASHH Regional Representatives
We have a network of GUM specialist trainees who represent each region of the UK. The regional rep holds a list of all trainees in their area allowing information to be disseminated. It also allows trainees from around the UK to share opinions, surveys, and collaborate on projects.
You can also contact the rep from your region for more information about training in sexual health and for signposting to opportunities to shadow.
Other junior doctors who wish to be included in the network should contact the rep in their area.
If you notice any errors in the list, or would like to volunteer to be the rep in your region, please contact trainees@BASHH.org
- NHS Education for Scotland: Helen Pollitt, email@example.com
- Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency: Suzanne Todd, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Education North East: Daisy Ogbonmwan, email@example.com
- Health Education North West: Deborah Kirkham, Deborak.Kirkham@nhs.net
- Health Education Yorkshire and the Humber: Caroline Oswald, Caroline.Oswald@nhs.net
- Wales Deanery: Sian Warren, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Education West Midlands: Johanna Denman, Johanna.Denman@uhb.nhs.uk
- Health Education East Midlands: Shereen Munatsi, email@example.com
- Health Education East of England: Agnieszka Tan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Education South West: Johnny Boylan, email@example.com
- Health Education Thames Valley: Bret Palmer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Education Wessex: Rachel Jackson, email@example.com
- Health Education North West London
- Chelsea and Wesminster: Sean Cassidy, Sean.Cassidy@chelwest.nhs.uk
- St Mary’s: Borja Moraperis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Education North Central and East London
Mortimer Market: Ania Richardson, email@example.com;
Barts: Jessica Gaddie, Jessica.Gaddie@bartshealth.nhs.uk
- Health Education South London
Guy’s and St Thomas’: Ming Lee, Ming.Lee@gstt.nhs.uk;
King’s: Priyanka Saigal, firstname.lastname@example.org;
St George’s: Naomi Fitzgerald, Naomi.Fitzgerald@gstt.nhs.uk;
- Health Education Kent, Surrey and Sussex: Nicolas Pinto Sander, email@example.com