To fulfil educational needs, and promote guidance and support, for clinicians with a specialist interest in genital dermatology.
Dr Sashidharan Parameswaran (Chair)
Georgina Morris (Secretary)
Dr Imali Fernando (Webmaster)
Dr Serish Basavaraj (Treasurer)
Dr Serish Basavaraj
Dr Jillian Pritchard
Dr Deepa Bansal
Dr Anna Hartley (Trainee representative)
Dr Sarah Edwards
Professor Chris Bunker, University College Hospital (Penile dermatology)
Dr Fiona Lewis, Guys and St Thomas Hospital (Vulval dermatology)
Dr David Nunns, Nottingham City Hospital (Vulval pain / Gynaecology)
Terms of reference:
Genital Dermatology SIG Activities:
Courses for 2014:
BASHH Genital Dermatology Course 2014
Friday 24th Oct 2014
Friend’s House (opposite Euston Station),
173 - 177 Euston Road, London.
- BASHH national guideline on the management of scabies (currently being updated)
- BASHH national guideline on the management balanitis (currently being updated)
- BASHH national guideline on the management of molluscum contagiosum (2014)
- BASHH national guideline on the management of vulval conditions (2014)
- European guideline for the management of balanoposthitis (2013)
- BSSVD Standards of care for women with vulval conditions (2013) –BASHH Genital Dermatology SIG input
- Pearce J, I Fernando. The value of a multi-speciality service, including GUM, Dermatology and Urology input, in the management of male genital dermatoses. Int J STD AIDS (in press).
- BASHH Genital Dermatology Special Interest Group. Importance of genitourinary and urology colleagues working in harmony (letter, rapid response). BMJ 2013; 347: f1986.
- Sashidharan PN, Goorney B, Cassell J, Edwards S, Maw R, Kell P. Survey of the management of patients with genital dermatological problems in genitourinary/sexual health clinics in the UK (letter). Sex Transm Infect 2011; 87: 414.
- Hartley AJ, Hourihan M, Paige D, Williams A. Are specialist-led genital dermatology clinics a valuable and necessary part of sexual health service provision in the UK? Sex Transm Infect 2013; 89: 379.
Related Organisations & Useful Resources:
British Society for the Study of Vulval Disease (BSSVD): http://www.bssvd.org/
Vulval Pain Society: http://www.vulvalpainsociety.org
Association for Lichen Sclerosus and Vulval Health: http://www.lichensclerosus.org
UK Lichen Planus: http://www.uklp.org.uk
Minutes of past Genital Dermatology SIG meetings: