Welcome to the BASHH Sexual Health Adviser & Nurse (SHAN) Special Interest Group site.
The SHAN SIG was formed in 2018 and seeks to be an active group of the organisation. Our role is:
- To represent the professional interests of Health Advisers and Nurses working in integrated sexual health (GUM & Contraception) and/or HIV services, including those in Research and community charitable sexual health focus organisations.
- To promote Health Advisers and Nurses to join BASHH and engage at all level within the organisation.
- To advise on, and offer support and advice on BASHH approved training and education to members.
- To influence the Sexual Healthcare agenda as a whole and the agenda of BASHH.
- To be a body for Health Advisers and Nurses on other BASHH committees to report to and seek support from.
- Creation of SHA & Nurse Conference Scholarship awards.
- Organisation of SHA & Nurse Conference Symposium (BASHH Spring Conference 2019).
- Amendment and improvement of BASHH SHA & Nurse website section.
- Promotion of BASHH membership to SHA & Nurses across the UK.
- Creation of ‘Role standards’ for Bands 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 in Sexual Health.
Terms of reference:
Click here to read
Chair: Jodie Crossman
Secretary: Mr Jodie Walker-Haywood
Treasurer: Louise Kerr
Click Here to read
Officer Job descriptions:
Please e-mail email@example.com with any queries
Peter Davis - North East
Kelly Walsh - North West
Dr Matthew - Grundy-Bowers London
Holly Royston-Ward - London
Felicity Young - Isle of Wight
Michelle Jenkins - London
Belinda Loftus - North East
Paul Teale - Midlands
Laura Ellis - Scotland
Sarah Smith - South East
Ruth Bailey - South East
Zac Dolan - North East
Suzanne Williams - Wales
Tristan Griffiths - London
Helen Jackson - North East
Alessandra Morelli - London
Jules Davies - Brighton
Gary Seaton - Northern Ireland
Mike Passfield - East of England
1st official meeting - Friday 28th September, Royal Society of Medicine, London
Agenda - click here
Minutes - click here
2nd meeting - Friday 11th January 2019, Royal Society of Medicine, London
Agenda - click here
- Royal College of Nursing 'Sexual Health' page (partly written by the SHAN SIG)
- Society of Sexual Health Advisers (SSHA)
- National HIV Nurses Association