26th June 2020
Location:Royal College of Nursing, 20 Cavendish Square, Marylebone, London, W1G 0RN
This popular course is organised by the BASHH Genital Dermatology Special Interest Group. It covers topics that were not included in the BASHH Genital Dermatology Primary Course (held in October each year). It is intended to extend knowledge and skills of those who have attended the Genital Dermatology Primary Course. However, anyone who finds the topics interesting and feels it will be useful to them clinically should attend. The number of places on this course is limited. Hence, please apply as soon as registration goes live.
Consultants, specialty registrars, SAS doctors and clinical nurse specialists in Genitourinary Medicine, Sexual & Reproductive Health, Gynaecology, and General Practice. Doctors and nurses training in Dermatology may also find this course interesting and useful.
AIM OF THE COURSE
To equip participants with the more advanced knowledge and skills for the effective management of genital skin conditions.
By the end of the course attendees should be able to:
- understand the pathophysiology of common genital skin diseases
- differentiate between common genital skin conditions and more challenging and unusual cases
- be aware of skin manifestations of HIV/AIDS and genital manifestations of systemic disease
- recognise skin manifestations of HIV/AIDS and genital manifestations of systemic disease
- give a differential diagnosis of pigmented genital lesions, know how to distinguish between them and explain how they are managed
- detect oral manifestations of genital skin disease and perianal skin conditions and have greater awareness of diagnosis and management pathways
- recognise vulval/penile precancer/cancer and be aware of the range of options for management by specialists
- be competent and feel comfortable in diagnosing and managing genital skin conditions and be confident in referring appropriate cases to Dermatology/Urology/Gynaecology (as per local specialist pathways)
- optimise care pathways for patients through improved links with local Specialist services
BASHH EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation received more than 14 days prior to the event start date; fee refunded less a cancellation charge of 10%;
- Cancellation received 14-7 days prior to the event start date; fee refunded less a cancellation charge of 50%
- Cancellation received less than 7 days prior to the event start date; no refund
Regrettably, BASHH cannot transfer you to another event or training course